Fiber laser cutting machines use concentrated lasers to slice through various materials. Home hobbyists use fiber lasers to craft items like ornaments, signs, decorations, keychains, coffee mugs, and more. But because fiber laser cutters can also forge thick metals and alloys, they are capable of a wide range of industrial applications.
Compared to the traditional methods of shaping materials by molding and cutting them manually, fiber laser cutting is faster, more affordable, more efficient, and less wasteful. Further, a single fiber laser cutting machine can work with various materials such as hard plastics, bricks, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, and copper, to name just a few.
Fiber Laser Cutting Machines in Industrial Applications
Many industrial fields manufacture parts and other components using fiber laser cutting machines. Some examples include:
- Automotive: The transportation industry uses fiber laser machines to forge sheets of metals for automobile frames, engine components, interior parts, and exterior panels. Because new vehicle models come out every year, the rapid production speed of fiber laser cutters makes them ideal tools for the job.
- Aerospace: The aerospace industry requires materials of superior strength that can withstand highly stressful environments. Manufacturers use fiber laser machines for crafting various parts for these specialized pieces of equipment. They also use laser machines for etching identifying details, such as part numbers, factory IDs, and production dates.
- Elevators: These platforms must withstand constant maintenance and upkeep to meet ever-evolving safety standards and load-bearing regulations. Elevator parts makers must rise to this challenge quickly and accurately. Laser cutters provide a cost-effective way to do so.
- Kitchenware: Kitchen tools and appliances are central to every family gathering and event. Fiber cutters are perfect for creating specialized items and personalizing tools families can pass down through generations.
- Agriculture: Agricultural machinery parts are in high demand as the automation of the industry continues to develop. Agriculture equipment must keep up with the demanding workload, rugged terrain, and environmental elements with the utmost efficiency, which is where laser cutters can help.
- Construction: The high speed, impressive capacity, and pinpoint precision of fiber laser cutting make it ideal for fabricating construction equipment. Bulldozers, cranes, excavators, and other large-scale construction vehicles require many components that a fiber laser cutter can forge. Laser machines are also great for creating prototypes and models for design and architectural purposes.
- Gym equipment: Before fiber laser machines, manufacturing and assembling machines like treadmills, bikes, stair climbers, and free weights required outdated, time-consuming techniques.
Key Features That Your Next Laser Metal Cutting Machine Should Have
Shopping around for an industrial fiber laser cutting machine can be challenging. When you look at some devices and specifications available today, you may get confused about what features are essential for the demands of your particular field. Thankfully, regardless of which sector you work within, we have identified a few paramount qualities of laser machines you should prioritize.
IPG Fiber Laser Source
A common question that people have when they are researching fiber laser cutters is, "Aren't all laser sources the same?" The simple answer to this question is, "Absolutely not."
While all laser beams are essentially energy converted into light, IPG fiber lasers have set the industry standard in beam quality, energy efficiency, and reliability. They are high-quality laser beams that use a proprietary combination of beam technologies to create laser power sources that require no service and can withstand the rugged nature of their applications.
High Processing Speeds
Processing speeds are an essential component to consider when investing in a fiber laser cutting machine. While you want the tools to complete the job quickly, you also want to ensure the job gets completed correctly.
High processing speeds executed with precision and accuracy will keep your operating costs low and output high. With an impressive maximum cutting speed of 1,333 mm/sec, the OMTech FC line of fiber laser cutters has the speed, power, and precision to advance your business to the next level.
Laser Head Auto-Focus
When you focus a laser beam, you are directing the light to become concentrated, making the laser spot smaller. Properly adjusting a laser beam allows it to cut fine details accurately, ensuring perfect results. However, learning how to calibrate your laser to your materials adequately can waste valuable time and materials.
The advent of autofocus made manual focus a thing of the past. We cannot overstate the advantages of this technology. With autofocus, you can use the laser to the best of its capabilities while not limiting yourself to the types of materials you want to use. One of the disadvantages of manual focus is that it makes working with uneven surfaces and shapes impossible without stopping and testing to ensure you have the correct settings. But on the other hand, you can use a range of materials without skipping a beat.
Automatic Gas and Lubrication System
Automatic gas and lubrication systems have revolutionized the fiber laser cutting industry. As with any machine with moving parts and bearings, lubrication is essential to operate a fiber laser cutter and prevent corrosion, premature wear, and breakage. Automating the lubrication process saves time and money and can extend the life of your machine exponentially.
Fiber laser cutters require gas to blow away the molten material from cutting the workpiece. This gas is called assisted gas, and it is essential to achieving a clean cut while not discoloring the material. Because the timing of the expulsion of assisted gas is so critical, automating the technique will ensure a clean cut and minimal discoloration with every cut.
On-site Installation and Training
Whether you've never invested in a fiber laser cutting machine or are an experienced professional, onsite installation and training are vital. OMTech's team of seasoned professionals wants you to succeed, and we are willing to do what it takes to make it happen. We will come to you for free to help you install and learn how to operate your new machine.
Invest in the Highest Quality Fiber Laser Technology in the Industry
If you're ready to take your business to the next level with the best industrial fiber laser cutter, OMTech has got you covered. With long experience and an immense passion for building laser cutting machines, we deliver high-grade machines for all DIYers and professional engravers.
Check out our FC product line today to find the best fiber laser cutting machines for your needs, or contact us for more information on other devices and accessories we have for you.